We want to be the force of transformative change in Education!
“USAID recently launched a strategic framework for building the capacity of African higher education institutions and systems. Research has indicated that the social and private rates of return for tertiary investments in Sub-Saharan Africa are among the highest in the world.
The strategy was outlined in a February 2014 report titled African Higher Education: Opportunities for transformative change for sustainable development. It deals with the full spectrum of African higher education institutions including public and private universities, polytechnics and colleges.
Research on broader social rates of return from investments in higher education, using data from 545 households in 131 economies from 1970-2011, indicated that tertiary returns were highest in Sub-Saharan Africa at 21.9%, against a world average of 16.8%, the report said.
Broader social rates of return reflect the social value added by higher education, including job creation, good economic and political governance, increased entrepreneurship and increased intergenerational mobility.
Thus there is “a need for a renewed emphasis on investing in higher education”, the report stated. This could be done by focusing on human capital formation to promote economic growth, building the knowledge economy, and regional and local development.”
We want to bring entrepreneurship and leadership education to tertiary education to create the change in Education!
Here at TEL-A our goal is simple. To challenge and nurture student perceptions on leadership, entrepreneurship and the values that shape it. We want students to explore the notion of power, influence, organizational, and national change.
We want to create an accessible Online MBA that will become the educational pathway to help students navigate the unknown with new tools and provide a deeper understanding of the world and the global economic environment, along with an opportunity to diversify skill sets to be prepared for the challenges ahead.
By nurturing a lifelong commitment to learning, the long view is what will ultimately count.
We want to disrupt the education delivery models that hinder change in Education
There is one thing that is known—change is inevitable. The dominant educational models as well as the existing career paths of today will likely change as new economic and technological drivers replace the old.
In a recent piece The Economist stated: “The effect of today’s technology on tomorrow’s jobs will be immense—and no country is ready for it.” It went on to quote recent work at Oxford University, which suggested that 47% of today’s jobs in The US could be automated in the next two decades (pdf).
Educational innovation is the best way to respond to this change and TEL-A seeks to be at the crest of the change while education is being reimagined.
We want to build an army of 1000 tertiary educators by disrupting the education compensation models to bring about change ! TEL-A equitably remunerates Adjunct faculty between Euros 2,500 to Euros 5,000 for a 10 week course.
JOIN US BY SIGNING-UP HERE and Viewing our PARTNERSHIP OFFER
TEL-A Online Adjunct Faculty Job Description
The position of TEL-A Online Adjunct Faculty member seeks qualified academics that provide and sustain a fully prepared online course of instruction that meets desired learning outcomes. The Faculty member proactively supports all facets of the TEL-A Online learning environment; actively engages in encouraging a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, diversity, and ethics as well as personal and professional development; timely, fair and holistic assessment of learning; clear documentation of student progress; and support of academic success in accordance with TEL-A and institutional initiatives. Online Adjunct Faculty support TEL-A’s philosophy of providing in-depth international business education in a professional and timely manner. The Online Adjunct Faculty are expected to:
- Complete development of the course.
- Deliver learner-centered instruction through the Moodle and Adobe Connect Platform.
- Effectively employ course-enhancing technology.
- Provide accurate, timely, and formative feedback for student submissions.
- Encourage student success and actively engage in student participation activities and forums including, when necessary, documenting and communicating with both students and administration regarding, attendance and progress.
- Attend scheduled faculty meetings, technology related workshops and networking events.
- Adhere to and publicly support all affiliate University policies and procedures, included but not limited to TEL-A Academic Guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate student and online program needs.
- Prepare and grade student Midterm and Final examinations in a timely manner and in accordance with the published faculty schedule.
- Submit documents proving expertise in academic subject area as demonstrated by diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/resumes, and a personal interview.
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, decision-making, time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of online delivery methods, principles, techniques, and methods of instruction, use of visual aids, learning processes, and curriculum development.
- Demonstrate techno-literacy and ease with the Moodle Platform
- Demonstrate successful completion of the Online Faculty Training course in Moodle and other technologies for delivery
- Have access to reliable computer, phone line and internet at home
- Have a minimum of 10 years of industry experience directly related to teaching discipline or program-related field; and at least 3 years prior online teaching experience preferred
- Must have MBA, PhD Preferred.
To have your application considered, submit the following:
A copy of the diploma of doctorate and/or MBA; A detailed curriculum vitae with a list of publications; A copy of the three publications that the candidate considers as most representative of his or her research/professional activity to: email@example.com
TEL-A equitably remunerates Adjunct faculty between Euros 2,500 to Euros 5,000 for a 10 week course.